Thursday, May 13, 2010

Managed [some how] to sync my iPod with Kubuntu Lucid Lynx

After little struggle and lot of googling, which let me down this time though, I managed to sync my iPod nano 4G with Kubuntu 10.04.

All the articles I came across mentioned abt using Banshee, Amarok etc for syncing iPod. I was desperate that I installed almost all the packages related to 'ipod' in KPackageKit. I kept on looking in Amarok to see if it detects the iPod, it didn't.

Meanwhile, I was able to see my iPod as a data storage media in Dolphin & was able to mount the same and browse through the files as well. This made me to go back to Amarok and try File -> Play media... and then select the iPod which got displayed in the pop-up window. As soon as I selected the iPod, I can see it listed in the Media sources panel under Local Music section. Woohooo...

I am now able to transfer music from/to my iPod, edit the tags for songs in the iPod, delete songs from iPod.........

:-)


-Jeeva

Followup:

Okay, I've been so stupid that I didn't notice the support for iPod was present by default in Kubuntu. The only thing was I didn't know how to use it though.

Just connect the iPod, Open it via Dolphin once [to mount the device] and there you are... your iPod will be available under Local Music section in Amarok!!!

No comments: