Thursday, May 20, 2010

How to tune Thunderbird to automatically check for new emails in remote IMAP folders [in Kubuntu]

I was breaking my head with why Thunderbird [in Kubuntu] is not showing up new emails that come into remote folders even after I told Thunderbird to check mail every minute.

Thanks to kb.mozillazine.org, my bad that I didn't search for it sooner, I found the reason and the fix.

All you have to do is

Step 1:

1. goto Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> General ->Config Editor
2. Search for "mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new" and set that to "true"

Step 2 - this is a bit frustrating, actually:

1. Now right click on EACH, you read that right E-A-C-H, remote folder -> Properties -> General Information
2. Select the "Check this folder for new messages" option, click "OK".

Thunderbird now really checks for new emails in every folder :-)


-Jeeva

No comments: